Known as "cheese of Asia," is a very nutritious food, tofu and protein-rich that are made by soybean milk space. Of Chinese origin since more than 2000 years, are now found in all supermarkets world tofu and available all year round. Tofu special value for anyone on a vegetarian diet exclusively because of very high levels of protein. However, even tough-meat eaters think nowadays tofu products as a means of improving their diets to get what a variety health benefits.
Tofu is available mainly in three articles: steady and smooth and silky. A softer form of silky tofu that is often used in dips and spreads and dressings. Soft fabric good alternative to white and creamy cheese like ricotta cheese. Firm texture is usually cut up into pieces that can be marinated for taste and then either grilled or baked.
Below are the main food health benefits of tofu:
- Heart health-regular meal of tofu contains 15 per cent of daily requirements of Omega-3 fatty acids, which is a substance commonly found in heart health. These fatty acids can improve blood cholesterol, but also to assist in helping blood to clot properly. It also reduces the amount of tofu from low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is the "bad cholesterol", as well as triglyceride levels, both are strong indicators of heart disease.
- Menopause-estrogen female genital hormones which are secreted by the ovary. Display in the body of estrogen affects many potential health conditions including osteoporosis and heart disease. When estrogen levels drop at menopause, isoflavones contained in tofu, help keep the levels of hormones, restore any loss of estrogen.
- Prostate conditions-isoflavones same above protecting women in menopause can also be useful in the prevention of prostate cancer in men. Various studies have shown that isoflavones may reduce the growth of prostate cancer and also protect against enlargement of the prostate gland. Tofu also has high levels of selenium and antioxidants that reduce free radical damage, protect the body from prostate cancer but also reducing the potential for asthma and arthritis.
- Strong muscles and extra energy-contributes a small meal 4 ounces of tofu to 18 percent of the daily requirement for adults of protein and over 30% of the daily requirement of iron. Protein is essential for building muscle while the iron is used as part of the hemoglobin in red blood cells, which are responsible for carrying oxygen from the lungs to all body tissues.
- Losing weight-high levels of protein in tofu help the body feel full for longer periods. Delivers the same benefits of tofu for meat protein while still being low in saturated fat and sodium. Tofu is packed with many useful nutrients but so far only has 70-100 calories per serving, makes it an ideal included in weight loss diet and stay healthy at the same time.
With all the health benefits have tofu you should be at least including into your daily diet health. It's always wise to consult your family doctor when you add food into your daily diet. One last point, like all other Super foods, only you will get benefits on tofu if you consume in moderation