As Wales dare to dream after their defeat Belgium, fellow girl Iceland could be forgiven for thinking that 2016 is the year of the underdog. Shock Wales camp for Iceland beat England in the last 16 is inspired by them-it could be a notable Welsh victory on Friday a similar impact on minnows North?
Common shock-Iceland coach Hall grim son Homer hopes to follow his team Leicester, this year's winners of the English Premier League. "I like it to end like that ended up with Lester,."
"They played to their strengths, and we try to play to our strength. There is a team spirit himself on both teams. We are willing to work for each other. "
France was respected in the buildup to this game. Captain Hugo Loris asserts "we realize that being a big nation and playing football was nice enough not to make it to the final four.
"Best of the best football teams are no longer here."
"This shows that we need to go back to values such as the importance of collective effort. It's mental strength that makes the difference, and that's what we'll need to qualify.
"There will be no surprises for us. If we went there. Just tell ourselves that we are the best and has more talent, and we won't pass. "
- France, undefeated in 11 previous matches with Iceland, winning eight of those games.
- Iceland had lost all six of those games away in France, scoring five goals and conceding 22.
- Over the last two encounters in wins 3-2 for the French.
- There was just this century France come from two goals down to win 3-2 in a friendly match at Valenciennes in may 2012. Guestbook by Mathieu debuchy Bjarnason berker wekolbin sigthorson, Franck Ribéry, Rami Adel to France.
- The previous game was only in Iceland against the French at the Stade de France in the Euro 2000 qualifiers in October 1999. Iceland recovered from 2-0 down, but France won 3-2 thanks to a David Trezeguet strike. Eidur Gudjohnsen came off the bench to Iceland in that game.
- This game will be 80 in France at the Stade de France (W49, D20, L10).
- Has won four of five matches there in the big leagues. It was on a single drawing 0-0 against Italy in the World Cup for the quarter finals in 1998. He won the subsequent penalty shootout shots.
- This is the third consecutive tournament where France reached the quarter-final. They were beaten at this stage in Euro 2012 and the 2014 World Cup in Spain and Germany, respectively.
- In four previous occasions France was eliminated in the quarter-final of a major tournament, the team went numbed lift the trophy. It was that Italy and Germany in 1938 and the 2014 World Cup, Greece and Spain at Euro 2004 and 2012.
- They are unbeaten in their last 16 major championships on home territory, winning 14 and drawing two.
- A brace of penalties recognized in 2016 euro France but not let in a goal from open play.
- Having allowed their opponents a total of just three shots on goal in Euro 2016-less than the other side. Two of those sanctions by Romania and the Republic of Ireland
- Having scored three of the last four goals in France Antoine griezmann but never yielded to the French national team at the Stade de France (603 minutes of play).
- All six goals in Iceland in 2016 euro recorded with different players.
- And saw four of those matches in France all points on both sides.
- Iceland lost only once in the last ten games competitively (W5, D4).
- And one of the two teams, along with Wales, has scored in all games in Euro 2016.