If you're a strawberry addict like me, then this time of year should make you very happy. Canadian Strawberry is just the best. Unlike the huge water saturated to the South, replete with flavor berries grown in Canada. Common garden strawberries look in stores today is a combination of the Argentine varieties (size) and French (for flavor). In our modern world, we used Strawberry now available year round, but nothing can compare to the sweet taste first of fresh strawberries. Local berries also mean a much smaller carbon footprint.
Why you should eat fresh strawberries
For more reasons to justify your usually strawberry, sweet taste of these five facts:
1. The excellent source of folic acid. Strawberry amazing source of folate (folic acid food). Insufficient amounts of folic acid in the aging population can contribute to atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease and even decline in cognitive function. Drugs used for diseases like arthritis can deplete folic acid in the body, and stock up on strawberries renewal!
2. it can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Strawberry is being studied for its unique ability to suppress inflammatory responses of the body and reduce the risk of high blood pressure by lowering cholesterol. A study published in 2013 in circulation found women who ate three or more servings of Strawberry and raspberry in a week, reducing the risk of heart attack by 32 per cent.
3. There are more than enough vitamin c strawberries contains more than 100 per cent of our recommended daily intake of vitamin c in one cup. Recent studies show that when consuming vitamin c during times of distress, actually can reduce our blood pressure to a normal level, and prevent the development of hypertension, especially in children.
4. they're a great source of fiber. Strawberries are high in fiber, which is important for the transport of food through the digestive tract and helps bowel movement. This can help to improve digestion, especially for those with constipation or stool irregularity.
5. they are high in antioxidants. Contain strawberries on anthocyanins, a powerful antioxidant that protects us from the destructive effects of our environment, particularly the powerful antioxidant anthocyanins Sunday in strawberry lasts up to 24 hours after consumption; this makes a great defense against free radical damage.